WCED launches new learner placement database

Natalie Malgas
22 August 2014

The Western Cape Department of Education on Thursday launched the School Admissions Management Information database.

The WCED believes this new system will make it easier for schools to capture applications for places and share this information with other schools and officials.

MEC of Education Debbie Schafer said she is confident this system will help assist the department, schools and parents in placing learners more effectively.

Ministerial Spokesperson Jessica Shelver explained, “The system can be used to generate a list of learners accepted at more than one school. Parents whose child has been accepted at more than one school will have until September 26, 2014 to decide where they will be sending their child.”

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
My child has been accepted at a school but it's not my first choice. My first choice will only let me know a month after the closing date 2 accept at my 2nd choice. If I accept my 2nd choice will my first choice be able to see and maybe not accept my kid because of the other offer? I'm in such a predicament

Popular Posts