Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Third person dies from super bug outbreak

By Lelethu Mquqo
18 October 2011


A third person has died from a bacterial outbreak at the Glynwood Hospital in Benoni.

Nine people were reported to have contracted the NDM1 bacterial strain, which affects the lungs and urinary area.

The so-called super bug was first detected in New Delhi, India, in 2009.

It surfaced in South Africa several weeks ago.

Officials say the bacterium is spread through food, water and person to person infection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri