More than half-a-million duplicate identity numbers discovered

Lusanda Bill
25 March 2011

The Home Affairs Department has discovered more than half-a-million duplicate identity numbers.

Director general Mkuseli Apleni says there is no need for concern as all the duplicate numbers have been blocked on the National Population Register.

The people affected have already been notified by the department.

Apleni has urged all those who have been contacted by the department to visit their nearest home affairs department, so their cases could be resolved.

Comments

Unknown said…
What must I do so that my I'd can be unblocked
Unknown said…
I need a passport but was told my I'd is blocked so what I do to unblock it?
Anonymous said…
My I'd is blocked what must I do
Anonymous said…
I urgently need a passport but was told my I'd is blocked.what must I do now?

Popular Posts