Police allegedly rob, assualt woman

By Tando Mfengwana
14 February 2007


A Khayelitsha woman is accusing two patrolling police officers from the area of assault and robbery.

Nompumelelo Piliso says she was on her way to the shop to buy bread when two police officers, a man and a woman, approached her and searched her.

She alleges that the officers then took her cellphone and R350.

“When I asked her what she’s going to do with my cellphone and money she told me to go home, so I told them I won’t go, I refused to go, then he bit me, he klapped me first then he kicked me.

“So the black guy came out with a sjambok then he beat me,” Piliso said

She reported the incident to police the next day.

The Democratic Alliance N2 Development Constituency chairperson, Masizole Mnqasela has expressed shock at the incident.

He says that, “their act to assault and steal from a woman whose safety they had to ensure,” is disappointing.

Police spokesperson Captain Randall Stoffels says that they are aware of the situation.

Stoffels confirmed that Piliso did lodged a complaint against two officers , but he said she could not identify them.

SAPS has refused to comment further, as the case is under investigation.

Comments

Popular Posts